All patient information is private and confidentiality is maintained at all times and the right of every patient is respected. Patients have the right to access their own records. If you would like your records or you would like your records sent to another doctor this clinic requires a signed letter of authorisation before the record can be released. Fee’s may apply.
Your Personal Health Information and Medical Record may be collected, used and disclosed for the following reasons:
• Communicating relevant information with other treating doctors, specialists or allied health professionals.
• Accounting/Medicare/Health Insurance matters/ Quality assurance activities.
• Disease notification as required by law (eg infectious diseases).
• When consulting with you for legal related disclosure as required by a court of law (eg court order, suspected child abuse).
• Research purposes (de-identified – meaning you are not able to be identified from the information released).
If you have any concerns or wish to restrict access to your personal health information please discuss these with your doctor. This practice adheres to principles of the RACGP Handbook for the Management of Health Information in Private Medical Practice.